November 14, 2015

Those Dirty Little Photopolymer Stamps!


Have you gone to your craft room to make some cards or other paper craft, pulled out your favorite photopolymer stamp set, only to be disappointed and dismayed to find that it will no longer stick to your clear block? I know I have…it’s a sure sign of all the lovin’ you’ve been giving that set! And I have a tip for you to fix that issue!

First, get a bowl of warm soapy water. I like to use Dawn Dishwashing liquid, I’m sure any will do, I just happen to prefer the blue stuff for my pots and pans so that is what is in my kitchen. Anyway, drop those dirty little stamps right into that bowl. Now let them sit for a minute or two. I like to swish them around a bit too. Then I take a soft cloth and wipe off the backs of the stamps with it and place them face down onto a towel and allow them to dry. I wouldn’t suggest drying them with the towel as you don’t want to transfer any lint onto them.

At this point, I also clean my clear blocks and to be honest, my favorite way to clean them is with hand sanitizer and a terry cloth. The hand sanitizer does an amazing job of cleaning the blocks. It removes any sticky adhesive residue and cleans any dirt and oils and ink from them too. I use the terry as a soft scrubber and that works well for me.

Now that you have cleaned and dried your stamps and your blocks, you should have perfectly “sticky” photopolymer stamps again. I hope you found this helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask below in the comments section.

Have a great day and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace