December 10, 2015

Purple Majesty


Well Christmas is barreling ahead, are you ready? I’m not ready yet, but I am working on it. Yesterday was my husbands’ birthday. I grabbed a cake on my way home from work last night so we could at least recognize his day with a birthday cake and I made him a nice dinner. I think he liked everything. Next up, our 22nd Anniversary, followed by MY birthday, Christmas and then my sister-in-law and my great nephew’s birthdays. Phew, I’m exhausted just writing all this!

Anyhoo, I managed to sneak into my craft room for a bit and played awhile, and this is what I came up with:
 

I used a retired stamp set for the sentiment because I just love the scripting of the font. I think it’s so pretty. I also love the dark Blackberry Bliss ink with the Basic Black ink. I just seems so majestic to me, hence why I’m calling it Purple Majesty. Yeah. I know…not too creative but it fits.

This is a really easy card to re-create, I used the Lovely as a Tree set, Blackberry Bliss cardstock of the card base, a layer of Basic Black and stamped the image onto Whisper White cardstock using the new Basic Black Archival ink. I then sponged Blackberry Bliss ink starting at the bottom, working my way up, over the stamped image. That helped me get a heavier color on the bottom and gradually lighten as I worked my way up.

So that’s my card for today. I hope you like it. Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate it. Please feel free to leave me any comments in the comments section below.

Happy Stamping!

Katrina
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace