May 25, 2017

Eastern Palace Suite and Tranquil Tide

Happy Thursday! I am so glad you stopped by! We're getting soooo close to the launch of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog! OH-EM-GEE! I can barely contain myself and CAN NOT wait to be able to order beyond the limited pre-order selection Stampin' UP! allowed us demonstrators to get ahead of time. Trust me, that alone makes it sooo worth being a demo...because lets face it, being able to order a little bit is far better than not being able to order at all; well at least that is my theory...don't laugh, I can't help myself...who knew picking up a rubber stamp would lead to such an addiction?
Anyhoo, I have a really cute card for you using the Eastern Palace suite of product that is only available as a bundle until 5/31/17. Once the catalog goes live on 6/1, the only bundled items in this suite will be the stamp and die set. Everything else will be an individual purchase and will ultimately cast you a little more . I love these dies too. They are so different from any other dies we have ever carried because several of the dies make partial cuts, creating dimension rather than fully cutting the images out. I will post an image of all the possible looks with this die set in the near future so you can see them all, but for now, here is my card for today using the stamp set, dies and designer series paper;
Altered partial die cut using the Eastern Palace die set
The Tranquil Tide is such a soothing color and it pairs beautifully with Dapper Denim. The sentiments in this set make it pretty versatile and the font used is just beautiful. 


Instructions:
I began with a standard card base of Tranquil Tide cut 8.5" x 5.5" scored and folded at 4.25". I layered a piece of the Eastern Palace DSP cut 5.25" x 4" and a second piece of Tranquil Tide cut 4.25" x 2.375" (2 3/8"), Very Vanilla 4.125" x 2.25" and a second piece of DSP cut 4" x 2.125".
I then cut a piece of Tranquil Tide using the flower shaped die (this die does a partial cut, so I then used a circle framelit to fully cut it away from the cardstock and the removed the remaining paper from between the "petals". I stamped the sentiment in Tranquil Tide ink onto scrap Very Vanilla and the dotted circle image with Dapper Denim ink and punched it out using the 2" circle punch and adhered it to the "flower" and attached this to the card using dimensionals. 
Let me know your thoughts about this card. I would love to hear them, so please leave a comment below and I will be back soon with more sneak peeks into the awesome new catalog!
Happy Stamping,
Katrina

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace